- Davis-Kean, P.E., & Sexton, H.R. (2009). Race differences in parental influences on child achievement: Multiple pathways to success. Merrill Palmer Quarterly.
- Dubow, E.F., Boxer, P., Huesmann, L.R. (2009). Long-term effects of parents’ education on children’s educational and occupational success: Mediation by family interactions, child aggression, and teenage aspirations. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly.
- Kokko, K., Pulkkinen, L., Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., & Boxer, P. (2009). Intensity of aggression in childhood as a predictor of different forms of adult aggression: A two-country (Finland and the United States) analysis. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 19, 9-34.
- Magnuson, K.A., Sexton, H.R., Davis-Kean, P.E., & Huston, A. (2009). The effects of increases in maternal education on children’s school readiness: Evidence from the NICHD Study of Early Child Care. Merrill Palmer Quarterly.
- Pettit, G.S., Yu, T., Arsiwalla, D., Bates, J.E., & Dodge, K.A. (2009). Mediators and moderators of intergenerational continuity in educational attainment. Merrill Palmer Quarterly.
- Bynner, J. (2008). Developmental science in the melting pot. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 219-225.
- Davis-Kean, P. E., Huesmann, L. R., Jager, J., Collins, W. A., Bates, J. E., & Lansford, J. (2008). Changes in the relation of beliefs and behaviors during middle childhood. Child Development, 79, 1257-1269.
- Dubow, E.F., Boxer, P., & Huesmann, L.R. (2008). Childhood and adolescent predictors of early and middle adulthood alcohol use and problem drinking: The Columbia County Longitudinal Study. Addiction, 103, 36-47.
- Duncan, G.J. (2008). What to make of “unexpected” pathways? Journal of Social Issues, 64, 213-217.
- Eccles, J.S. (2008). The value of an off-diagonal approach. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 227-232.
- Englund, M.M., Egeland, B., & Collins, W.A. (2008). Exceptions to high school dropout predictions in a low-income sample: Do adults make a difference? Journal of Social Issues, 64, 77-93.
- Englund, M.M., Egeland, B., Oliva, E.M., & Collins, W.A. (2008). Childhood and adolescent predictors of heavy drinking and alcohol use disorders in early adulthood: A longitudinal developmental analysis. Addiction, 103, 23-35.
- Feinstein, L.F., & Peck, S.C. (2008). Unexpected pathways through education: Why do some students not succeed in school and what helps others beat the odds? Journal of Social Issues, 64, 1-20.
- Feinstein, L.F., & Vignoles, A. (2008). Individual differences in the pathways into and beyond higher education in the UK: A life-course approach. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 115-133.
- Janosz, M., Archambault, I., Morizot, J., & Pagani, L.S. (2008). School engagement trajectories and their differential predictive relations to dropout. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 21-40.
- Kokko, K., Pulkkinen, L., Mesiäinen, P., & Lyyra, A.-L. (2008). Trajectories based on postcomprehensive and higher education: Their correlates and antecedents. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 59-76.
- Maggs, J.L., Patrick, M.E., & Feinstein, L. (2008). Childhood and adolescent predictors of alcohol use and problems in adolescence and adulthood in the National Child Development Study. Addiction, 103, 7-22.
- Melhuish, E.C., Phan, M.B., Sylva, K., Sammons, P., Siraj-Blatchford, I., & Taggart, B. (2008). Effects of the homelearning environment and preschool center experience upon literacy and numeracy development in early primary school. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 95-114.
- Merline, A., Jager, J., & Schulenberg, J.E. (2008). Adolescent risk factors for adult alcohol use and abuse: Stability and change of predictive value across early and middle adulthood. Addiction, 103, 84-99.
- Messersmith, E.E., & Schulenberg, J.E. (2008). When can we expect the unexpected? Predicting educational attainment when it differs from previous expectations. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 195-211.
- Neuenschwander, M.P., & Garrett, J.L. (2008). Causes and consequences of unexpected educational transitions in Switzerland. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 41-57.
- Pagani, L.S., Vitaro, F., Tremblay, R.E., McDuff, P., Japel, C., & Larose, S. (2008). When predictions fail: The case of unexpected pathways toward high school dropout. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 175-193.
- Peck, S.C., Roeser, R.W., Zarrett, N., & Eccles, J.S. (2008). Exploring the roles of extracurricular activity quantity and quality in the educational resilience of vulnerable adolescents: Variable- and pattern-centered approaches. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 135-155.
- Peck, S.C., Vida, M., & Eccles, J.S. (2008). Adolescent pathways to adulthood drinking: Sport activity involvement is not necessarily risky or protective. Addiction, 103, 69-83.
- Pitkänen, T., Kokko, K., Lyyra, A.-L., Pulkkinen, L. (2008). A developmental approach to alcohol drinking behavior in adulthood: A follow-up study from age 8 to age 42. Addiction, 103, 48-68.
- Schulenberg, J.E., & Maggs, J.L. (2008). Destiny matters: Distal developmental influences on adult alcohol use and abuse. Addiction, 103, 1-6.
- Trost, K., & El-Khouri, B.M. (2008). Mapping Swedish females’ educational pathways in terms of academic competence and adjustment problems. Journal of Social Issues, 64, 157-174.
- Zucker, R. (2008). Anticipating problem alcohol use developmentally from childhood into middle adulthood: What have we learned? Addiction, 103, 100-108.
- Crosby, D.A., & Hawkes, D.D. (2007). Cross-national research using contemporary birth cohort studies: A look at early maternal employment in the UK and USA. International Journal of Social Research Methodology, 10, 379-404.
- Duncan, G. J., Dowsett, C. J., Claessens, A., Magnuson, K., Huston, A. C., Klebanov, P., Pagani, L., Feinstein, L., Engel, M., Brooks-Gunn, J., Sexton, H., Duckworth, K., & Japel, C. (2007). School readiness and later achievement. Developmental Psychology Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 1428–1446.
- Dubow, E.F., Huesmann, L.R., Boxer, P., Pulkkinen, L., Kokko, K. (2006). Middle childhood and adolescent contextual and personal predictors of adult educational and occupational outcomes: A meditational model in two countries. Developmental Psychology, 42, 937-949.
- Eccles, J.S., & Davis-Kean, P.E. (2005). Influences of parent’s education on their children’s educational attainments: The role of parent and child perceptions. London Review of Education, 3, 191-204.